Using your thermomix to create amazing dishes is awesome, but what about everyday essentials?!
Shredded Chicken is a staple in our fridge and freezer. It’s great to always have on hand; to add to a lunch salad, to adding to a risotto, putting in a sandwich / wrap or throwing it in some quick quiches.
Other ideas for it are:
- beetroot salad
- fried rice
- macaroni cheese
- pot pies
- spring rolls
- stir fry
Ideas for seasoning chicken that can be sprinkled on top of the chicken whilst it is steaming:
- Cajun Spice Mix
- Curry Blend
- French Onion Soup Mix
- Garam Masala
- Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- Italian Herb Blend
- Middle Eastern Spice Blend
- Moroccan Spice Blend
- Taco Seasoning
- Tandoori Spice Mix
- TFC Spice Mix
- Thai Spice Blend
TIP: Immediately after you make your own mayonnaise – place some steamed chicken into TM bowl and shred it on reverse and voila you have instant yummy chicken mayo!
- 500g chicken, breast/thigh fillets, cubed
- spices / marinade
- 600g boiling water from kettle
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl.
- Place chicken into simmering basket and insert basket into TM bowl.
- Add spices/marinade to chicken as desired.
- Cook 20 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Take out basket using TM spatula to avoid being burnt!
- Keep the water as liquid chicken stock (this will freeze until you want to use it).
- Place cooked chicken back into TM bowl and shred 4 sec / speed 4 / Reverse.
What do you use your Shredded Chicken for? Let us know below…
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.