I have very fond memories of a holiday my hubby and I had way back in 1990 when we visited New Orleans. We both thoroughly enjoyed the Cajun food. It is very rich and can be spicy and I'm having lots of fun creating new recipes using this Cajun Spice Mix.
NB: If you don't like food with a bit of 'kick', just reduce the cayenne pepper
Recipe inspired from https://www.herbies.com.au/
Click Here for a compilation of all my recipes using the Cajun Spice Mix.
- 4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 4 teaspoon paprika, sweet
- 3 teaspoon garlic, powder
- 3 teaspoon onion, flakes
- 2 teaspoon fennel, seeds
- 2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoon sea salt, ground
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1½ teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1½ teaspoon thyme, dried
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- ½ teaspoon white pepper, ground
- Place all ingredients into an airtight container and shake to distribute spices evenly.
- Store away from extremes of heat, light and humidity for up to 1 year.
- Shake well before each use.
For other great ThermoFun spice blends Click Here.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
I love this spice mix, it's so versatile! I used it to make spiced nuts for my Christmas hampers and the Cajun Beef & Rice from Meals In A Jiffy book is delicious. Thanks Leonie.
My pleasure Elizabeth it is certainly one of my favourites! Spiced nuts would have been wonderful!