The Thermomix Beetroot Salad recipe which is in the Every Day Cookbook and the Basic Cookbook is so popular. It is such a healthy, quick and easy salad to whip up. If you do not like the taste of fresh coriander you can substitute it with fresh mint.
On my ThermoFun facebook page I asked the question of what people do if they have left over beetroot salad.
Here are the ideas collated below:
• Add heaps of seeds and dried cranberries to it too
• Add some chicken – can make it a whole new meal
• Bake potatoes and use it as a topping with sour cream
• Add garlic and yoghurt and make a beetroot dip to enjoy with Turkish bread
• Makes a great soup with some sautéed onions, garlic and stock
• Mix it with cream cheese to make a yummy dip or sandwich spread
• Purée it into a juice and marinate steak in it
• Put in rice paper rolls
• Put it in wraps with grilled chicken or lamb
• Stir fry it up
• Topping for pizza with a bit of feta cheese and rocket
• Toss it through baby spinach/rocket and crumble feta on top with pine nuts
• Try some feta, dukkah, and spinach with it for a slight variation.
If you have any more ideas for beetroot salad uses please let us know in the comments below.
For more great tips and recipes on using your thermomix join our free monthly newsletter here: ThermoFun Newsletter Subscription.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.