I love this Thermomix pizza sauce and it is just so cheap to make compared to buying it. The dried herbs make it very flavoursome. This sauce goes very well with my No Rise Pizza Dough and my Middle Eastern Sausage Rolls.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 20g olive oil
- 400g tomatoes, can or fresh, diced
- 60g ThermoFun tomato paste
- 3 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place garlic, onion and oil into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 10 sec / speed 4.
- Cook 30 mins / 80°C / speed 1 / MC off, placing simmering basket onto TM lid to prevent spatter.
- Replace MC in lid and pulverise 1 min / speed 9 gradually increasing speed from speed 1 to 9.
- If you are after a thicker consistency simmer for longer.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
** WARNING – WHEN PUREEING HOT LIQUIDS FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS IN YOUR THERMOMIX INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL **
© 2023 Copyright, Legal Notice and Disclaimer: Design, photography and text copyright © ThermoFun 2014-2021. Tips and tricks within are the work of the author or nominated parties who have no association with Vorwerk or Thermomix in Australia and therefore are not official, or have the approval of Vorwerk or Thermomix in Australia. None of the recipes that appear here are tested or approved by Thermomix Australia or Vorwerk. Any thoughts expressed on this site are the authors own and are not sponsored by products unless clearly stated. Any nutritional values published on this website are general indications only, for more definitive stats use the panels provided on your products.
- This will keep in the fridge for a good couple of weeks. It can be used immediately but the flavour will also improve with time.
- This makes enough for approximately 10-20 pizzas.
- This Thermomix pizza sauce recipe can be doubled and freezes well.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
So quick and easy to make! My pizza scrolls have never tasted so good :)
Thank you Robyn, so pleased you enjoyed your scrolls. :)
First time making pizza sauce thanks for another great recipe Leonie. No more store bought pizza sauce in our house this was so easy to make and certainly makes pizza taste even better.
I think this recipe is one of my hidden treasures, but when people make it they realise how amazing it is. Thanks for sharing Anne.
Could you use fresh herbs for this recipe?
oh yes absolutely! :)
[email protected] says
Kids loved it last time and had friends over who couldn't believe how yum it was or that it was homemade. Made it again today and added a bit of capsicum I had left over from making passata. It was a bit thinner because i used fresh tomato but I just simmered longer as suggested :)
yes adding capsicum is a great idea too. :)
My favourite pizza sauce... Easy, tasty recipe!