This is such a tasty recipe. So quick to make and made with pantry basics and is a great meal for a tight budget. This recipe was inspired by a friend of mine Fran – I’ve made it many times and each time have tweaked it just that little bit more! This is now my final result. No need to tweak it anymore! Enjoy 🙂
The secret to this recipe is using my curry blend which is just so much more flavoursome than the commercial curry powder.
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
- 1 Tbsp ThermoFun Curry Blend
- 2cm fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-2 green chillies, deseeded
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 10g olive oil
- 800g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g tomatoes, can or fresh, diced
- 3 curry leaves
- 2 tsp sugar
- 20g TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 80g fruit chutney or ThermoFun Tomato Jam
- 80g peanut butter
- 40g ThermoFun Tomato Paste
- pepper, to taste
- 250g boiling water from kettle
- cooked rice
- dollop of Greek yoghurt
- diced fresh tomato, to garnish
- Make ThermoFun curry blend and set aside. No need to wash bowl.
Place ginger, garlic, chillies, onion and oil into TM bowl and chop
3 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
Add remaining ingredients, including 1 Tbsp curry blend and cook
15 mins / 100°C / spoon soft / Reverse.
Serve on a bed of rice, topped with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and
garnish with diced tomato.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.