Our family loves a good curry and this Thermomix Lamb Saag is no different! You can imagine the looks I got when this was put down on the table. I had to the convince them all to at least give it a go! Grown adults and I almost had to do the “3 spoonfuls then you can hop down from the table”. Well after one they were all praises. I tell you this cooking gig is bloody hard work some days!
A beautiful flavoursome filling dish with warmth but no heat. The spinach adds a delightful texture. Look past the end result and give it a go! You won’t be disappointed.
- 1 tsp fenugreek, seeds
- 1 tsp fennel, seeds
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 1 Tbsp ThermoFun Curry Blend
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- large handful fresh coriander
- 20g lemon juice
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 20g olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- 500g lamb shoulder, cubed
- 300g spinach, frozen or fresh
- 20g olive oil
- 100g cream
- 100g plain yoghurt
- 40g ThermoFun Tomato Paste
- 4 curry leaves
- 20g TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 100g water
- Place fenugreek, fennel and ½ cinnamon stick into TM bowl and mill 1 min / speed 10.
- Add curry blend, garlic, ginger, chilli, coriander, lemon juice, onion, oil, salt and pepper and chop 6 sec / speed 6. Scrape down and repeat.
- Marinate lamb in the marinade for 1-3 hours in a container in the fridge.
- Wash and dry TM bowl.
Place lamb into TM bowl and cook 5 mins / Varoma / speed soft / Reverse / MC off. Set aside.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Place spinach and oil into TM bowl and chop 1 min / speed 10. Scrape down and cook 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
- Add cream, yoghurt and tomato paste and mix 10 sec / speed 5.
- Add meat, curry leaves, stock and water and cook 60 mins / 90°C / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off, placing simmering basket on top of TM lid to catch any spatter.
- Serve with rice.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.