Poached eggs in the Thermomix are just so easy and yummy. I have adjusted this recipe from the new Every Day Cookbook (EDC) – it is not in the old EDC.
So those with the old EDC and don’t know how to do them, this is my tweaked version.
- 1200g boiling water from kettle
- 25g white vinegar
- oil to spray TM simmering basket
- 2 eggs
- Pour boiling water and vinegar into TM bowl.
- Spray basket with oil and insert into TM bowl.
- Bring water back to boiling, approx. 2 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Crack two eggs into separate containers.
- When varoma temperature light is on – set timer to cook 3 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Pour eggs into basket through the hole in TM lid.
- While eggs are cooking, make your toast and get your plate and slotted spoon ready to remove your eggs and serve.
If you like them very soft and runny 2 minutes works well too!
The secret is that the water MUST be at boiling temperature before putting the eggs in.
Recipe for Hollandaise Sauce is in the Every Day Cookbook and the Basic Cookbook.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.