In the past I’ve made my thermomix spinach cob loaf with cream cheese and sour cream, which we’ve always loved. Then about a year ago a lady at work made one using the same recipe but instead of cream cheese/sour cream she used mayonnaise and a clove of garlic. It was awesome and a wonderful variant on my old recipe. Thanks Marie! 🙂
- cob loaf
- 4 spring onions, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 200g can water chestnuts, drained
- 200g mayonnaise
- 200g sour cream
- 2 Tbsp French onion soup mix
- salt to taste
- packet of frozen spinach (defrosted and water squeezed out)
- Slice the top off the cob loaf and pull the bread out of the middle with your fingers leaving approx. a 2cm edge. The top and the filling of the cob is used to dip into the spinach dip.
- Place spring onions, garlic and water chestnuts in TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 6. Scrape down and repeat.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, soup mix and salt and mix 20 sec / speed 4.
- Add spinach and stir through with aid of spatula.
- Pour into prepared cob loaf.
If you are making your own mayonnaise, it is best to make it ahead of time to allow it to set in the fridge before making this dip, otherwise the dip will be too runny.
For a crunchy option: cut and scoop out the cob then place it in the oven to crunch up a little. Remove from oven and place the dip into the cob.
For tips on making your own mayonnaise in your Thermomix: Making Successful Mayonnaise
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.