Ok so I really think I must be obsessed with taking photos of commercial dips in the supermarket and coming home and just ‘winging’ it to see if I can make it for a fraction of the price and having no additives or preservatives in it! This is now the tenth one that I’ve done! mmmm clearly I have an obsession with eating dips too! 🙂 I love how the dips can take two seconds in the Thermomix to blitz, it is just awesome! 🙂
For loads more dips on my site Click Here 🙂
- 100g (approx.) fresh beetroot, unpeeled
- 1 garlic clove, unpeeled
- 50g plain yoghurt
- 30g parmesan cheese, cubed
- 10g lemon juice
- 10g olive oil
- 70g cashews, unsalted
- ¼ tsp cinnamon ground
- ¼ tsp coriander, ground
- ¼ tsp cumin, ground
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Pre heat oven to 180°C.
- Place beetroot and garlic onto a baking tray and roast 45 mins.
- Once beetroot has cooled, peel and quarter (use disposable gloves!) and place into TM bowl. Squeeze out garlic from clove.
- Add remaining ingredients and chop 1 sec / Turbo.
- Scrape down and repeat until desired consistency.
- Enjoy dip with crackers!
If you need to avoid nuts for whatever reason, this dip is still very yummy without the cashews.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.