This recipe was a huge favourite of a very good friend of mine also named Leonie! Tweaked and now made with my home made green curry paste this thermomix Thai Green Chicken Curry is just so easy and so delicious!
If you enjoy a curry to "burn your socks off" you can just add more chillis! I do remember my friend always had to make two batches of this - one for her hubby which had ten(!) chillis!!
On the 1st of every month I email out a newsletter which includes a recipe. This month was a recipe for my green curry paste and I promised in the newsletter that during the month I would put on my blog my favourite Thai Green Chicken Curry that I have been making since about 1998!
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
- 100g ThermoFun Green Curry Paste
- 400g coconut cream
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 3 spring onions, quartered
- 20g olive oil
- 800g chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar: coconut, palm or brown
- 1 small capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 zucchini, cut into strips
- handful snow peas
- cooked rice
- fresh chopped coriander, for garnish
- Make ThermoFun Green Curry Paste. Set aside half the paste and freeze remainder.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Make coconut cream and set aside.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Place onion, spring onions and oil into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add chicken and 100g green curry paste and cook 5 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Add coconut cream, fish sauce and sugar and cook 8 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Add capsicum, zucchini and snow peas and cook 5 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Serve with rice and garnish with coriander.
Use half a batch of my Green Curry Paste and freeze the other half for your next curry.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
Made this last night for dinner..
WOW! Absolutely amazing! So easy to make and the flavours were incredible.
So pleased to hear you enjoyed it Hanna! Thank you! One of our favourites too!
Why has my chicken shredded on reverse?
Jo if you use chicken breast it will shred. Best to use thighs and cut them in large cubes.
Ok thanks ....I will try again
Lovely flavours, I love that I can make the paste and coconut cream then the curry and not have to wash the bowl. Thanks
Oh so much extra flavour :D
Absoultely delicious. I halved the chicken and used 270ml coconut cream and 50g of green curry paste. Made 4 portions. Will add sliced beans next time. Thanks!
Love the flavours in this dish...and best part is you have the curry paste ready for the second batch :-)