It’s Mad Monday again! The first Monday of every month where I share with you a Thermomix recipe that is very quick, but also is popular and a great family meal.
My recipe for ThermoFun Passata makes approximately 1200g. I usually use 600g in most recipes and freeze the other 600g. It is such a handy sauce to have in the freezer. On a Mad Monday defrost a batch of Passata while you cook some pasta in your ThermoServer, open a can of tuna mix all together, sprinkle with cheese and melt and warm in the oven and dinner is done in less than 30 minutes!
For those of you that count Weight Watchers points there are 11 points per serve.
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
- 150g cheddar cheese, cubed
- 600g ThermoFun Passata
- 400g pasta, spiral or penne
- 425g can chunky tuna, drained
- fresh chopped herbs
- Place cheese into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Make or reheat ThermoFun Passata.
- Once passata is cooking/reheating, cook pasta in your ThermoServer Click Here for directions.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a casserole dish.
- Drain pasta and place into casserole dish.
- Once cooked, add passata and tuna to casserole dish and stir through until combined.
- Top with a layer of grated cheese and sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake in oven for 15 mins.
NB: oven time will depend on initial temperature of your passata.
• After defrosting, place contents into TM bowl and heat 3 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
• Repeat until desired temperature.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
Can I ask does this one freeze? or can I make half batch? thanks
Fiona yes it freezes perfectly or you can make a half batch! Personally I'd make a full batch and freeze for a lazy night off cooking! :)
Awesome thanks making full batch right now.
My pleasure Fiona. Trust your family enjoyed.