This recipe means so much to one of our members and it was so wonderful of Melissa to share her Mum's Pumpkin Scones recipe with us. I am sure that she will be delighted to know that 1,000's of thermomixers will be dolloping some jam and cream on her thermomix pumpkin scones.
"My Mum passed away 23 Dec 2005 aged 66 from Lung Cancer. Pumpkin Scones were something Mum made regularly for morning recess or a snack after school, always lathered in butter. She was a great cook, always cooked from scratch, as I do still today. She taught me and my siblings well. She was an inspiration.”
Looking for jam inspiration - then make sure you give these a go!
If you enjoy this recipe please leave a comment below so that Melissa can check in and see how far and wide her Mum's recipe is being enjoyed!
- 250g pumpkin, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 500g boiling water from kettle
- 400g self raising flour
- 90g sugar
- 60g butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl and place pumpkin into simmering basket and cook 20 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
- Discard water.
- Add pumpkin, flour, sugar, butter and egg and mix 10 sec / speed 6. Scrape down and repeat.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Tip dough out onto a floured board or bench, sprinkle with flour and gently press out into a rough rectangular shape approx. 2cm thickness. Using a floured knife, cut into square shapes, or use a scone cutter or glass to cut round shapes. Place them onto baking tray.
- Cook in oven 180°C for 18-20 mins OR steam in Varoma in silicone molds 20 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
Leave a Reply