This thermomix toastie quiche cups recipe appeared in the Back To School Cook Along in January of this year. It was an immediate hit and I still get great comments and the like about the kids wanting and cooking these!
I must admit that I still like to do these on the odd weekend as a brunch. They are super delicious!
If you haven’t heard about KIDtastic recipes – they are recipes that can (skills permitted) be made by the kids with or without – again skills permitting – your help! For more great KIDtastic recipes head here: KIDtastic Friday Recipes
These were inspired by Recipe Tin Eats
- 12 slices of FRESH bread
- 50g cheese, cubed
- handful fresh parsley
- 6 bacon rashers, diced
- 2 spring onions, sliced finely
- 3 eggs
- 130g milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Use a rolling pin to flatten bread.
- Cut bread into circles – using a tin can or cookie cutter.
Lightly spray 12 muffin tin holes and press each slice into tin. Place in oven for
3 mins. Remove from oven and set aside. The cups should not be browned, just look a little dry (like toast).
- Place cheese and parsley into TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 9. Sprinkle evenly into each cup.
- Sprinkle bacon and spring onions evenly into each cup.
- Place eggs, milk, salt and pepper into TM bowl and mix 3 sec / speed 4.
Pour evenly into toast cups.
NB: don’t take too long at this step as egg mixture will start soaking into the bread.
- Bake 12-15 mins or until top is lightly golden and filling is set.
- Rest 5 mins before serving.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.