This recipe was originally published on my blog in September 2014. I have since tweaked it to make the method clearer. 🙂 Enjoy!
Steamed dumplings in the Varoma are just awesome! Particularly dipped in my homemade sweet chilli sauce made in your Thermomix!
I recommend a plastic dumpling press, it was so worth the $2.50 from an Asian shop! It makes the job much quicker and the final result is that the dumplings are well sealed and uniform.
- 500g pork mince
- 4 spring onions, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2cm fresh ginger
- 1 small can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 Tbsp Chinese rice wine
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¾ tsp sesame oil
- 50g soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tsp raw sugar
- handful fresh coriander
- 30-60 wonton/dumpling wrappers
- 700g boiling water from kettle
- ThermoFun Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Place all filling ingredients (except wonton wrappers and boiling water) into TM bowl and chop 1 sec / Turbo.
Scrape down and repeat.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Oil Varoma trays to prevent sticking.
- Place 1 tsp of filling onto wonton wrappers. Brush edges of wrapper with water (finger dipped in water works well!) and fold wrapper over in half. Press edges firmly to join and place onto Varoma tray.
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl and place assembled Varoma onto TM lid and steam 17 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Serve with ThermoFun Sweet Chilli Sauce.
This recipe is enough to make 60 dumplings (2 x packets of 30 wappers).
Unused mixture can be frozen or the recipe can be halved.
Mixture can be made into meatballs and steam without wrappers to add to an Asian soup or to have with a simple dipping sauce.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.