This dip is based on the Garlic and Herb dip in the Thermomix Every Day Cookbook. I find by adding a generous amount of fresh basil and chives lifts this dip to a whole new level!
IDEAS FOR LEFT OVER HERB AND GARLIC DIP?
- Use it in your sandwiches or rolls for lunch with other salad and or meats instead of butter.
- Shred chicken with it and use for sandwiches
- Make a cob bread dip
- Fill mushrooms with it
- Cut a pocket into chicken breasts and stuff them with it
- Stir through mushroom risotto
- Toss through pasta.
- Put it on jacket potatoes as a topping.
- Put it in a potato bake
- Scalloped spuds
- Use in middle of bread rolls before you cook them.
- Spread onto puff pastry then into little pin wheels.
- Scrolls with some cheese.
- Make pizza bianca and eat it warm with the dip
- Pull apart bread
- Smother it on steak
- Stir an egg and some extra milk through it and use as a topping for a lasagna type dish or vegie bake.
- Add extra Greek yoghurt and use as a sauce on meat & salad wraps
- On toast… cream cheese melts and leaves a trail of herby goodness
- Salad dressing
- Use with mayo for coleslaw
This dip also freezes well.
- handful fresh basil
- handful fresh parsley
- fresh chives
- 2 spring onions, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 250g cream cheese
- 50g natural yoghurt
Place basil, parsley, chives, spring onions and garlic into TM bowl and chop
3 sec / speed 8. Scrape down.
- Add cream cheese and yoghurt and mix 20 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and mix 5 sec / speed 5.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.