Ok so I really think I must be obsessed with taking photos of commercial dips in the supermarket and coming home and just ‘winging’ it to see if I can make it for a fraction of the price and having no additives or preservatives in it! This is now the tenth one that I’ve done! mmmm clearly I have an obsession with eating dips too! 🙂 I love how the dips can take two seconds in the Thermomix to blitz, it is just awesome! 🙂
For loads more dips on my site Click Here 🙂
- 100g (approx) fresh beetroot
- 50g plain yoghurt
- 30g parmesan cheese cubed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 10g lemon juice
- 10g olive oil
- 70g cashews, unsalted
- ¼ tsp cumin, ground
- ¼ tsp coriander, ground
- ¼ tsp cinnamon ground
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Roast beetroot in a moderate oven – (leave the skin on and roast approx. 45 mins.
- Once beetroot has cooled, peel it (I do use disposable gloves!) and place in TM bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and chop 1 sec / Turbo.
- Scrape down and repeat until desired consistency.
- Enjoy dip with crackers!
If you need to avoid nuts for whatever reason, this dip is still very yummy without the cashews.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.