The best recipes come from tasting and this thermomix chocolate cake was a winner when I tasted it at a friends bbq dinner. She had received the recipe from a friend, who had got it from a friend, all making their little tweaks and now I had to make it to share with friends who have taken the recipe on. I really enjoy how these recipes come about. Great friends, great times and bonus recipes. 😀
Now I sit here typing this and having to think about dinner and I am wondering do I forgo dinner and whip this up …… Nah I better get dinner sorted BUT first I will whip this up and put it in the oven … for dessert 😀 …. The joy of having a second bowl! NOW if you have one bowl – ALWAYS ALWAYS make the cake first 😀 purely because it needs time to cook ….. You don’t want to be left licking the bowl because you HAD to make dinner first 😀 !!!! Enjoy !!!
If you haven’t seen some my other Wicked Wednesday recipes that are published on the 3rd Wednesday of the month then here you go! Wicked Wednesday recipes.
- 125g butter, unsalted cubed
- 200g brown sugar
- 185g milk
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 200g self raising flour
- 55g cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarb soda
- 80g butter, unsalted cubed
- 80g cream cheese (room temp.)
- 120g icing sugar
- ½ tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- Pre heat oven to 160°C. Grease a 20cm round or square cake tin.
- Place butter, brown sugar and milk into TM bowl and heat 90 sec / 50°C / speed 4 until butter is melted.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix 10-15 sec / speed 4. Scrape down.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and bicarb soda and mix 20 sec / speed 4.
- Pour mixture into tin and bake 45 mins.
- Place all ingredients into TM bowl and mix 10 sec / speed 5. Scrape down and repeat.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.