This is the yummiest cake I've had in a very long time! The strawberries make it so beautiful and moist. This makes a large cake so it's great for a crowd. Perfect for a picnic, morning or afternoon tea, lunchbox treat or anytime!
It's lovely served with a dollop of strawberry whipped cream.
This recipe was inspired by and tweaked to be made in the Thermomix from a Cadbury recipe.
This recipe only uses half a block of cream cheese so Click Here for ideas on using the remaining half. :)
- 200g white chocolate melts
- 125g cream cheese
- 125g butter, unsalted cubed
- 230g raw sugar
- 250g milk
- 1 teaspoon ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 eggs
- 140g plain flour
- 140g self raising flour
- 500g strawberries, halved (reserve 6 for the whipped cream)
STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM
- 6 large strawberries (approx. 100g)
- 30g icing sugar
- 300g cream
- Line a rectangular baking tin approx. 31cm x 21cm. Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place chocolate into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9.
- Add cream cheese, butter and sugar and melt 2 mins / 50°C / speed 3. Scrape down and continue 1 min / 50°C / speed 3.
- And milk and vanilla and mix 20 sec / speed 3.
- Add eggs and both flours and mix 15 sec / speed 3. Scrape down and repeat.
- Pour half the mixture into the lined baking tin and scatter over half the strawberries. Pour over the remaining mixture and then stud with remaining strawberries.
- Bake for 60-70 mins or until a skewer comes out clean. The top should be a lovely golden brown. Allow to rest 10 mins before turning it out onto a cooling rack.
STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM
- Place strawberries and icing sugar into TM bowl and purée 10 sec / speed 8.
- Insert butterfly into TM bowl. Add cream and whip 20-60 sec / speed 4 / MC off. Or until the cream is just thick enough to dollop, careful not to turn to butter!
NB: the time for whipping cream is variable depending on the temperature of your cream.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
This delicious cake ticks ALL the boxes - easy to make, doesn't require any fancy ingredients or equipment, feeds a crowd and tastes absolutely divine. Next time I'll bake it the day before I plan on serving it as we liked the leftovers even more than the original cake!
Thanks Leonie, I think this cake will be baked, and enjoyed, often!
Thanks so much Judy for your lovely comment. So pleased you enjoyed it too! :)
Excellent. No doubt the Strawberry cream is divine, I'm going to make this cake for my son's first bday as his favourite fruit is strawberry and I would like too cover the cake with icing. :-)
oh wow Happy FIRST birthday to your little man! :)
Angela Quigly says
Could you put a strawberry buttercream on the cake as icing?
Yes you could Angela but in my opinion it really doesn't need it. The strawberry cream also is just divine!
Lisa S says
Made this tonight using milk chocolate as I had an abundance of that following Easter. Family went back for seconds and said they loved this version.
Pleased to hear you all enjoyed it Lisa and that it works well with milk chocolate too. :)
I made this for my father-in-law's 60th birthday party on the weekend and it was a huge hit - and with the strawberry cream it's extra delicious! (I made a test half batch cake earlier in the week, just to make sure - hubby and I have enjoyed that 'test' very much ;) ).
Oh that's so awesome to hear - It really is a nice cake! And love the idea of the test batch too - nice way to indulge without indulging :)
This is another "go to" cake....vying with my all time favourite of the Zucchini and pistachio cake for
I froze half of mine and it thawed well, although if serving "gourmetly" (is that a word?!) I would definitely warm it and maybe sprinkle with icing sugar. Another great recipe, thanks Leonie.
Thanks Maggie - great to hear that it freezes well too. :)
Anne Morris says
What a lovely moist delicious cake this is. It will be my "what to take cake" from now on. So easy to make the strawberry cream is to die for and really compliments the cake. Another winning recipe Leonie - just right for when strawberries are in season.
Thank you Anne! Yes the strawberry cream is a winner! :)
This will definitely be my new go to cake recipe. Everyone really enjoyed it. So easy, and it's great to have a new recipe for when strawberries are in season and so sweet and plentiful. That strawberry cream is sooo good...Will be using it on top of everything from now on! Thanks!
Thank you Tania. :) Now we will be wishing for strawberries all year round just so we can have the strawberry cream! :)
Well, all I can say is that this recipe is sublime - delicious on its own, but WOW, the Strawberry Cream takes it to another level and it is all so easy and fool-proof! Thank you Leonie, although my waistline will not thank you!
Thank you Jane! :)
And apologies to your waistline! ;)
Great cake, so easy and very moist. Makes a really large cake too, will be making again for sure thanks for a great recipe.
Thank you Renee, I'm pleased you enjoyed it! :)