If you love my ThermoFun Bacon Jam then you are going to want to try this Thermomix Chorizo Jam! Full of flavour, spice and just the right amount of heat you will be looking for any excuse to add a little Chorizo Jam to your next dish.
This recipe was inspired by one of my lovely ThermoFun members from Ireland. Trish had posted a picture of a commercial brand of chorizo jam with the ingredients on it in our closed member facebook group. With a few heads put together we came up with ThermoFun Chorizo Jam!
Some great suggestions – just incase you need a starting point!
- steamed/grilled chicken
- grilled steak
- grilled pork
- grilled lamb
- on a sandwich toastie
- with bacon and eggs
- on a piece of crusty bread 😀 alongside a glass of wine
As you can see you will need to double up on this one as you will quickly use it up just on the suggestions above! Although, with it heading into that gift giving season – why not make an extra batch or two for family and friends and if you are feeling super generous, the teachers! 😀
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 large onions, peeled and halved
- 250g chorizo, quartered
- 140g brown sugar
- 30g apple cider vinegar
- 30g ThermoFun Tomato Paste
- 30g balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp paprika, sweet
- 1 tsp oregano, leaves, dried
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (or chilli powder)
- ½ tsp nutmeg, ground
- ½ tsp thyme, dried
- Place garlic, onion and chorizo into TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and cook 10 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook 20 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Pour into sterilised glass jars. Store in fridge.
If you like a little more spice use ¾ tsp cayenne pepper
For more great recipes check out your Member Area here: ThermoFun Member Area
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.