This is a different twist on a classic slice. I love white chocolate, apricots and Oreos so put them all together and I’m in heaven! Melting white chocolate can sometimes be a little challenging as it contains no cocoa solids but is usually made with cocoa butter. It is important to have a very dry Thermomix bowl, as even a drop of water can easily cause the chocolate to ‘seize’ and turn lumpy or grainy.
- 55g walnuts (or any nuts of your choice)
- 70g dried apricots
- ½ cup (15g) rice bubbles
- 137g packet Oreo biscuits, quartered
- 500g white chocolate melts
- 20g coconut oil
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Place nuts and apricots into TM bowl and chop 2 sec / 7. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add rice bubbles and Oreos to bowl with nuts and apricots.
- Place chocolate and coconut oil into TM bowl and chop 10 sec / speed 9.
- Scrape down and melt 3 mins / 50°C / speed 1.
- Scrape down and continue melting 2 mins / 50°C / speed 1.
- Pour chocolate into bowl with other ingredients and combine with aid of spatula.
- Place into tin and refrigerate before cutting into squares.
- Pour a glass of milk into TM bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 8.
- Heat milk 5 mins / 80°C / speed 4.
- Enjoy warm chocolate milk. No wasted chocolate!
For other ThermoFun Wicked Wednesday recipes Click Here
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit