It’s Wicked Wednesday again! On the third Wednesday of every month I share with you a wicked recipe! If you are new to ThermoFun make sure you check out my other Wicked Wednesday recipes. This Thermomix Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake is in one word DELICIOUS! If the response was anything to go by at the last 5 For The Freezer cook along – you are in for a great treat 😀
It’s light, it’s fluffy and it’s easy to look down at your plate and wonder where that slice went! If you love cheesecake (yep), love chocolate (double yep) and love mousse (triple yep) then you have to give this recipe a go! I recently took it to a friends for dinner and I honestly don’t think anybody spoke for about 5 minutes, then all you heard was the fork/spoon scrapping the plate before Don said – “Where is the rest of it?!”
Recipe inspired and tweaked to be made in the Thermomix from the Philadelphia Cream Cheese website.
- 30g raw sugar
- 250g Choc Ripple biscuits
- 80g butter, cubed softened
- 2 egg whites
- 350g thickened cream
- ½ tsp sea salt, flakes
- 225g dark chocolate melts
- 500g cream cheese, cubed, softened
- 2 tsp gelatine dissolved in ¼ cup boiling water
- Line a 20cm springform tin.
- Place sugar into TM bowl and mill 3 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Place biscuits into TM bowl and chop 10 sec / speed 10.
- Add butter and mix 10 sec / speed 8. Scrape down and repeat.
- Press into base of tin and place into fridge. Continue to next step.
- In a clean and dry TM bowl insert butterfly. Add egg whites and whip 3 mins / speed 3 / MC off. Set aside. No need to wash bowl.
- With butterfly in place, pour cream and salt into TM bowl and whip 30 sec / speed 4 (or until whipped). Set aside. Wash TM bowl.
- Place chocolate into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Melt chocolate 3 mins / 50°C / speed 1. Scrape down and melt a further 1 min / 50°C / speed 1. (While chocolate is melting dissolve the gelatine).
- Add cream cheese, sugar and dissolved gelatine and mix 20 sec / speed 4. Scrape down and repeat.
- Add cream and egg whites and mix through with aid of spatula. Mix 10 sec / speed 4 to ensure all is combined.
- Pour mixture over the prepared base.
- Place into fridge min 2 hours or until set.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.