Our family eat a lot of pasta and on my ThermoFun Facebook page, whenever I have posted about cooking spaghetti or fettuccine in the TM bowl many comment saying that their pasta turns into 'sludge'.
I cook with the Every Day Cookbook (EDC) recipe with these modifications:
- the water is straight from the kettle boiled - to save time
- follow the pasta packet cooking time - check at the 8-10 minute mark if you feel the need.
These could be some of the reasons why a few have a problem with cooking pasta in the TM.
- the water is not hot enough
- the Reverse button was not activated
- although I have not had this problem because I haven't cooked Gluten Free pasta some find it a bit 'sludgy' - I am looking into this.
- not using enough water
- cooking it for too long / leaving it in the TM bowl once it has finished cooking for an extra few minutes while preparing something else.
Follow the EDC method with my modifications using the recipe below:
Check out this video first of cooking fettuccine in the Thermomix. The video is only 7 seconds where I show you full length fettuccine, being slowly drawn into the TM bowl without the need of breaking it in half first. You may need to help the pasta move down into the bowl by tapping gently on the top of the pasta.
For tips on how to cook short pasta in your ThermoServer: Thermomix Cooking Pasta in the Thermoserver
For more ThermoFun hints and tips Click Here.
For more “Techie Tuesday” blog posts Click Here.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.