I love a big breakfast but the thought of pulling out the frypan to fry off 3 or 4 ingredients just doesn't interest me somedays - usually when it's going to be a busy day and hot too! So I pull out the thermomix and get to creating my semi big breakfast! So cooking Thermomix poached eggs and "fried" bacon, mushrooms & tomatoes makes breakfast fast and simple!
Recipe first appeared in February Newsletter. If you are not signed up, get signed up to keep up with all the happenings at ThermoFun! :)
- 10g butter
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 button mushrooms
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 4 bacon rashers
- 1000g boiling water from kettle
- 2-4 eggs
- Place garlic into TM bowl and chop 2 sec / speed 7.
- Add butter and pre heat 1 min / 60°C / speed 1.
- While TM is pre heating - roughly chop mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and bacon.
- Once heated, add mushrooms, tomatoes and bacon into TM bowl and cook 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Place silicone molds on Varoma tray and spray with oil or rub with butter and crack eggs into separate molds. Place Varoma lid on top of tray.
- When mushroom, bacon and tomatoes are cooked place in pre-heated ThermoServer.
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl.
- Place assembled Varoma tray onto TM lid and cook 8 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- To serve, assemble on your favourite bread along with a nice crack of salt and pepper.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
I can't believe how nice the flavours are in this. So very very yummy. This is my go to recipe for "special breakfast mornings" no more going out for breakfast, I prefer this.
Loved the amazing flavors you get from the bacon mushrooms n tomatoes n the eggs r so easy to do thanks for another great Sunday morning brunch idea.
Great meal for any time of day! Eggs may take a little longer if from fridge but easy to see how they are going, small egg from pantry took 7 mins so I just removed in its silicone mold til others ready.
My family enjoys this so much we have it twice a week for breakfast :-)
How can butter and a piece of garlic bring so much flavour to mushrooms and bacon? It's crazy delicious.
Hi I just made this - yummo! Thanks for sharing. I used sweet potato instead of tomatoes, and doubled the cooking time (also bacon was frozen).
I had never done poached in TM before, a ways to go to perfect it. I used two Pyrex sauce bowls, and two ramekins but also two different sized eggs, silly me! Quick, easy and tasty!