A perfect healthy and yummy snack for the kids to take to school with the added benefit that it has no nuts! 🙂
- 70g pitted dried dates
- 125g butter, cubed
- 70g brown sugar
- 40g honey
- 135g rolled oats
- 75g self raising flour
- 65g cranberries, dried
- 80g sultanas
- 50g pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fan forced). Grease a 28cm x 18cm slice tin and line with baking paper.
- Place dates into TM bowl and coarsely chop 6 sec / speed 6. Set aside.
- Place butter, sugar and honey into TM bowl and melt 1 min / 80°C / speed 1. Scrape down. Continue melting 30 sec / 80°C / speed 1.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 20 sec / speed 4 / Reverse.
- Press mixture into tin and smooth the surface.
- Bake approx. 20 - 25 mins or until golden.
- Cool in tin. Cut into bars.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.