Last month I put on my blog a wicked recipe that was included on the first ThermoFun Cook Along, so I thought I would put one on from this months Cook Along too. :)
This recipe was on the Cook Along menu plan for yesterday (day 3), but with over 1700 people registered it didn’t even make the official start and people were sharing their creations from Day 1!
This fudge is a tweak on my Oreo Fudge. If you have a more favourite chocolate bar than a Mars Bar, you can use that as a substitute!
One of my objectives of having a Cook Along is to show recipes that showcase the amazing things that a Thermomix can do. The techniques in this recipe are a great way to demonstrate how easy it is to grate and then melt chocolate in your Thermomix. I encourage you too, to have a go at making the condensed milk if you haven’t done this before. You then learn and reap the benefits, of washing up the TM bowl after melting chocolate is actually an enjoyable and yummy ‘task’!! ;)
For more tips on melting and tempering chocolate click here
So far I have made this fudge using:
- Mars Bar
- Snickers (my all time favourite chocolate)
Other members in the Cook Along this week have made it using:
- Cherry Ripes
- Turkish Delight
- 200g milk chocolate melts (or 150g milk and 50g dark – the dark choc will tone down the sweetness)
- 200g Mars Bars sliced (frozen)
- 400g condensed milk
- 125g butter
- 100g raw sugar
- Line a slice tin or square tin with baking paper.
- Place chocolate into TM bowl and grate 5 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Slice Mars Bars into 2cm pieces and place into freezer.
- Place condensed milk, butter and sugar into TM bowl and cook 8 mins / 100°C / speed 3. Scrape down.
- Cook for a further 20 mins / Varoma / speed 3.
- Add grated chocolate and mix 10 sec / speed 4.
- With aid of spatula stir in the frozen chopped Mars Bars (they wont melt too much as they are frozen!).
- Pour into prepared tin and refrigerate until set.
- Slice into small squares and store in an airtight container.
TO CLEAN THERMOMIX BOWL
- Pour a glass of milk into TM bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 8.
- Heat milk 5 mins / 80°C / speed 4.
- Enjoy warm chocolate milk. No wasted chocolate!
For other ThermoFun Wicked Wednesday recipes Click Here
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
Lana Jordan says
This fudge is ALWAYS a hit when I make it for friends and family. My go to is Turkish Delight, Cherry Ripe and a new found love of Pineapple Lump fudge! This is a never fail recipe and I can make it with my eyes shut, I've made it that many times 😂 I think the first time I made it was years ago when it was in a Thermofun cook-a-long Thank you for such an awesome recipe.
Lana thank you so much for your lovely comment. I'll have to try it with Pineapple Lumps! Yummo! lol! :)
Just wondering, if making in a TM5 should I reduce cooking time at all? Is mc on or off during cooking?
Hi Kellie, no adjustments are needed for the TM5 for this recipe. All my recipes are tested in both models so if any changes are required I do mention it on the recipe. If MC is not mentioned that means it is always left on. Enjoy! :)
Always a favourite when I make this. Great combination mars bars and fudge!!! Do yourself a favour and make this your waist line won't regret eating it......
Thanks Anne :D Yes just make sure you following those diet rules I have :D
Sharon Howe says
Was delicious my favourite fudge recipe never lasts long enough!!
Thank you Sharon I'm pleased you enjoy it! :)