It’s Mad Monday again! The first Monday of every month where I share with you a recipe that is very quick, but also is popular and a great family meal.
A friend gave me a lovely bunch of her home grown fresh basil so then I had a craving to make a simple stir-through pasta sauce made in my Thermomix. The result is this easy scrumptious recipe.
Perfect for either an entrée or just a light meal.
This is meatless, but adding some shredded chicken goes really well with it too.
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
- 40g pine nuts
- 1200g boiling water from kettle
- 300g fettuccine
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 60g olive oil, divided
- 30g fresh basil
- 40g parmesan cheese, cubed
- 10g lemon juice
- cherry tomatoes, halved to garnish
- Place pine nuts into TM bowl and dry roast 8 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / MC off. Set aside.
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl and place TM lid on. Through hole in TM lid add fettuccine and cook 13 mins / 100°C / speed soft / Reverse.
- Pour drained pasta into pre-warmed ThermoServer.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Place garlic, chilli and 10g oil into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 8.
- Scrape down and sauté 4 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add basil and cheese and chop 5 sec / speed 9. Scrape down.
- With lid on TM bowl and MC in place, pour 50g oil and lemon juice on top of TM lid for it to slowly drip into the bowl while the blades are moving 1 min / speed 1.
- Add basil sauce and pine nuts to the pasta and stir through until combined.
- To serve, garnish with cherry tomatoes.
Roasting your tomatoes gives this dish an extra flavour boost. To save time, roast pine nuts at the same time.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
Love this recipe. So easy and quick for a work night. My 2 year old loves it too especially with the roasted tomatoes.
Great to hear Tabitha - especially that a 2 year old loves it too! :)
Wonder how this would go with Zoodles....
I haven't tried it - but I would suspect that it would taste nice :) If you have a go please let me know how it went.