A picture is worth a thousand words they say. When I saw this one I knew I had to try it! Prior to owning a Thermomix I would have gone to the shops and browsed the shelves for something similar and cooked it out of a jar!
What I didn’t expect though when I made it, was it to be like an authentic sweet and sour sauce. So I was pleasantly surprised and I trust you will be too! ThermoFun Sweet and Sour Chicken for the win!
This recipe was enjoyed by many on the June 2014 ThermoFun Cook Along.
- 900g boiling water from kettle
- 400g basmati rice
- 500g chicken thighs, cubed
- 10g olive oil
- 400g tomatoes, diced, can or fresh
- 40g white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 carrots, sliced julienned
- 1 red onion, sliced julienned
- 1 zucchini, sliced julienned
- 1 red capsicum, sliced julienned
- 1 green capsicum, sliced julienned
- small tin pineapple pieces, drained (optional)
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl.
- Place simmering basket onto TM lid. Weigh in rice and and rinse under tap until water runs clear. Insert simmering basket into TM bowl and cook 18 mins / Varoma / speed 4.
- While rice is cooking, cut and prepare vegetables and chicken.
- When rice is cooked place into pre-warmed ThermoServer.
- Place oil and chicken into TM bowl and cook 5 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Add tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, mustard and soy sauce and cook 5 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Add vegetables and pineapple (optional) and cook 12 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- With aid of spatula stir and cook a further 2 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- To serve, place chicken onto a bed of rice.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
Leave a Reply