Baileys, chocolate and mousse all combined! mmmmm! :) Life doesn't get much better than this! :)
This is such an easy dessert to make and the best part about it is that it does not require much time to set in the fridge (approx. 3 hours).
- 250g milk chocolate melts
- 70g ThermoFun Baileys Irish Cream
- 60g milk
- 500g thickened cream
- 50g raw sugar
- Place chocolate into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 8.
- Add Baileys and milk and cook 2 mins / 50°C / speed 1. Scrape down and repeat. Set aside in a bowl.
- Insert butterfly into TM bowl. Pour in cream and sugar and whip 1 min / speed 3 / MC off (the time depends on the temperature and freshness of the cream). Watch the video to see the right consistency.
- Gently fold whipped cream through the chocolate mix (in the separate bowl that you have set aside, with aid of spatula) and then pipe immediately into individual bowls or pour into one large bowl.
- Allow to set in fridge for a few hours.
- Decorate with whipped cream and grated chocolate.
Baileys is a registered Trademark of R&A Bailey & Co.
And if you enjoy Baileys™ make sure you check out my other recipes using it: Click Here :)
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit
Would you know the method of making this without a thermomix, husband won't let me get one but so hard to find a recipe for mousse without eggs in it!
Rebecca I'd suggest melting the chocolate in the microwave and then hopefully you have some kind of beaters or mix master and do the rest in that. Enjoy! :)
Is it too sweet, would it work with no sugar or less and dk chocolate?
Mary I think it really comes down to personal taste. You certainly could try cutting out the sugar and using dark chocolate. I'd love to hear how it goes for you.
Can i use tai maria in place of Bailey
oh yes I'm sure it would be delightful Lorraine! :) Let us know how you go. :)
Cheri Cross says
Can you tell me what is the 50 in directions. Is it temperature?
Thank you, Cheri
Yes Cheri it is temperature my apologies my little temp image has gone missing.
Do you think this would still work as good using Kahlua instead of Baileys?
oh yes most definitely Jenny! :)
nardia lillian omar says
Can u clarify is bailey cream has got alcohol in it??
Yes Nardia Baileys does have alcohol in it. I do have a chocolate Mousse recipe with no alcohol in it: https://thermofun.com/thermofun-chocolate-mousse-thermomix-benelux-recipe/