This is a full flavoured korma curry paste recipe. Your usual take out can now be prepared easily at home. Use it to make a lamb, chicken or perhaps a chickpea and vegetable korma and have them all asking for seconds!
I’ve also used a dollop added to soups like pumpkin to give a flavour boost.
You can easily freeze the paste from this or if you like it as much as I expect you will, you won't need to freeze it because you'll be making it again before the week is out! Plus they say a good curry is better the next day so imagine the extra boost of flavour! Use this paste in a delicious chicken and vegetable curry.
- 3 teaspoon cumin, seeds
- 2 teaspoon coriander, seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4cm ginger, peeled
- 2 green chillies, halved
- 170g ThermoFun Tomato Paste
- 60g coconut, desiccated
- 60g almond meal (option can make own prior)
- 1 sm bunch coriander, stems and leaves
- 2 teaspoon ThermoFun Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 2 teaspoon paprika, sweet, ground
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 40g olive oil
- Place cumin and coriander seeds into TM bowl and roast 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
- Grind seeds 20 sec / speed 9. Scrape down.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend into a paste 20 sec / speed 6. Scrape down and repeat.
- Paste can be kept refrigerated in a clean glass jar for up to 1 week. If using half the batch for a recipe, the remaining half can be frozen for use another time.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
Didn't use the green chillies and substituted the cashews for almond meal.
Used 50g with 400g prawns and it was just right. The family loved the flavour.