I don't think anyone is too old for these cuties! I have to admit that my kids (24 & 19) were kinda looking at me strange while I was making these thermomix chocolate reindeers but come on aren't they awesome! :) And yes once done - guess who were in on them like gold! :)
These are really great as a gift when wrapped with cellophane & brightly coloured ribbon for:
- a gift that the kids can give their friends
- a gift that the kids can give their teachers
- a gift that the kids can give their neighbours
- or even on the Christmas table on Christmas Day (But best to leave some out for Santa and his Reindeer!!!!)
A few things:
- Make sure your TM Bowl and Lid are VERY DRY!
- Tempering chocolate is used in this recipe to give the chocolate a glossy, shiny appearance and to help the reindeers set well and be firm.
- It is important to use a good quality chocolate for this recipe to ensure the tempering process works well.
- The salty pretzels and chocolate is a lovely combination, so any left over melted chocolate, dip and cover additional pretzels allowing them to set on a sheet of baking paper.
And the most important thing :D
To clean Thermomix bowl after melting chocolate:
- Pour a glass of milk into TM bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 8.
- Heat milk 5 mins / 80°C / speed 4.
- Enjoy warm chocolate milk. No wasted chocolate!
Here is Lucy, one of my ThermoFun taste testers daughters who had a wonderful time creating reindeers. From what I hear it was one for Lucy and one for Mum!
Check out the other amazing recipes that you and your kids can cook up together, or age permitting, themselves! KIDtastic Recipes
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.