Having a Thermomix means we can make our salsas and dips additive and preservative free. We enjoy this salsa with corn chips or served on nachos. If you like it with lots of heat I would definitely add a red chilli – but this is optional depending on how you like it. If you prefer a smoother consistency just mix it for a little longer in the final step. This salsa freezes well too.
This salsa also teams up beautifully with my taco seasoning to add to chicken or beef mince for burritos or tacos.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 10g olive oil
- 400g tomatoes diced or fresh halved
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch cayenne pepper, chilli or hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- Place garlic, onion and oil in TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 2 / MC off.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 5 sec / speed 3. If using fresh tomatoes chop 8 sec / speed 6.
- Refrigerate min 1 hour to allow flavours to develop.
If using fresh tomatoes drain off excess liquid prior to serving.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.