Salmon is one of my favourite seafoods and when I tried it in the Thermomix Varoma I knew straight away that it was going to be a hit with the family.
The accompanying Cucumber and Spiced Yoghurt set the dish off and we all felt like we were eating at a 5 star restaurant.
If you love salmon you MUST cook this – if you like salmon you MUST cook this – if you’ve never had salmon you MUST cook this. I think you all get the drift … 🙂
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, lightly peeled
- sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- handful fresh coriander
- handful fresh mint
- 200g natural yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 portions salmon steaks
- 600g boiling water from kettle
- 450g potatoes, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- dried dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut cucumbers in half length ways. Scoop out seeds (discard).
- Sprinkle with salt and place into a colander over a bowl. Set aside 30 mins to drain.
- Rinse lightly and pat dry with paper towel.
- Slice and place into a separate bowl.
- Place garlic, coriander, cumin, fresh coriander and mint into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 7. Scrape down and repeat.
Add yoghurt and oil and mix 10 sec / speed 5. Scrape down and repeat. Set aside.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl.
- Place potatoes and carrots into simmering basket and place basket inside TM bowl.
- Wet and squeeze some baking paper and lay flat onto Varoma tray. Place salmon steaks onto baking paper.
- Add generous sprinkle of dried dill, salt and pepper to steaks.
- Place assembled Varoma onto TM lid and steam 20-30 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
- To serve, place salmon steaks, potatoes, carrots and sliced cucumber onto plates and dress with spiced yoghurt.
Cooking time: Will depend on the thickness of your salmon and also how big the cuts of potato are, it is best to check both half way through cooking.
This recipe was loved by many on the ThermoFun September Cook Along.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.