Salmon is one of my favourite seafoods and when I tried it in the Thermomix Varoma I knew straight away that it was going to be a hit with the family.
The accompanying Cucumber and Spiced Yoghurt set the dish off and we all felt like we were eating at a 5 star restaurant.
If you love salmon you MUST cook this – if you like salmon you MUST cook this – if you’ve never had salmon you MUST cook this. I think you all get the drift … 🙂
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, lightly peeled
- sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- handful fresh coriander
- handful fresh mint
- 200g natural yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 portions salmon steaks
- 600g boiling water from kettle
- 450g potatoes, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- dried dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut cucumbers in half length ways. Scoop out seeds (discard).
- Sprinkle with salt and place into a colander over a bowl. Set aside 30 mins to drain.
- Rinse lightly and pat dry with paper towel.
- Slice and place into a separate bowl.
Place garlic, coriander, cumin, fresh coriander and mint and chop 3 sec /
speed 7. Scrape down and repeat.
Add yoghurt and oil and combine 10 sec / speed 5. Scrape down and repeat. Set aside.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl.
- Place potatoes and carrots into simmering basket and place basket inside TM bowl.
- Wet and squeeze some baking paper and lay flat onto Varoma tray. Place salmon steaks onto baking paper.
- Add generous sprinkle of dried dill, salt and pepper to steaks.
- Place assembled Varoma onto TM lid and steam 20-30 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
- To serve, place salmon steaks, potatoes, carrots and sliced cucumber onto plates and dress with spiced yoghurt.
Cooking time: Will depend on the thickness of your salmon and also how big the cuts of potato are, it is best to check both half way through cooking.
For a quick tip from a lovely ThermoFun Club Member, here is a very efficient way to deseed a cucumber. Many thanks Raelene and to your hubby for sharing this awesome tip! 🙂 ThermoFunCucumberVideo
This recipe was loved by many on the ThermoFun September Cook Along.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.