I love this pizza sauce and it is just so cheap to make compared to buying it. The dried herbs make it very flavoursome. This sauce goes very well with my No Rise Pizza Dough and my Middle Eastern Sausage Rolls.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 20g olive oil
- 400g tomatoes, can or fresh, diced
- 60g ThermoFun tomato paste
- 3 tsp oregano, dried
- 2 tsp basil, dried
- 2 tsp parsley, dried
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place garlic, onion and oil into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 10 sec / speed 4.
- Cook 30 mins / 80°C / speed 1 / MC off, placing simmering basket onto TM lid to prevent spatter.
- Replace MC in lid and pulverise 1 min / speed 9 gradually increasing speed from speed 1 to 9.
- If you are after a thicker consistency simmer for longer.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
** WARNING – WHEN PUREEING HOT LIQUIDS FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS IN YOUR THERMOMIX INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL **
- This will keep in the fridge for a good couple of weeks. It can be used immediately but the flavour will also improve with time.
- This makes enough for approximately 3 pizzas.
- This recipe can be doubled and freezes well.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.