A ThermoFun Facebook Member asked if I could convert a recipe for Peanut Butter Swirl Frozen Yoghurt from http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/low-carb-peanut-butter-swirl-frozen-yogurt-no-sugar-added/ to be made in the Thermomix.
I couldn’t refuse a request like that could I? Actually it turned out to be a really nice yoghurt considering it had no added sugar!
If you are after something simple and refreshing as a snack or dessert then you really should give this a try!
- 450g greek yoghurt
- 110g lite milk
- 100g peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tsp caster sugar (or 1 tsp vanilla liquid stevia)
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar (or 2 Tbsp powdered stevia)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter extra - optional - for swirl effect
- Place all ingredients (except optional peanut butter for swirling) into TM bowl and mix 10 sec / speed 6. Scrape down and repeat.
- Pour into a container and freeze for a few hours.
- Take out of freezer and place back into TM bowl and mix 30 sec / speed 8. This helps prevent ice crystals forming.
- If time permitting, freeze again for a few hours and repeat above process.
- Once done, I put into smaller molds for convenience - stir in the optional peanut butter.
- Allow to defrost for a few minutes on bench in order to scoop easily. If frozen overnight, allow to thaw for 30 mins on bench to scoop easily.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.