Quick bite size meatballs that kids and adults can grab on the run! Or have as your finger food starter at the BBQ.
These are super tasty when paired up with my Thermomix Tomato Sauce
Makes approximately: 25 mini meatballs
- handful basil fresh
- handful parsley fresh
- 1 tsp rosemary dried
- 1 tsp thyme dried
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 500g lamb mince
- 1000g boiling water from kettle
Place basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme, garlic and onion in TM bowl and chop
3 sec / speed 5.
- Add tomatoes and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Add mince and mix 20 sec / speed 4 / Reverse until well combined.
- Roll mixture into mini meatballs.
- Place meatballs in Varoma deep dish – leaving enough room for steam to come through approx. 10 – 12 balls, then place top tray on for remaining balls.
- Pour boiling water in TM bowl and place assembled Varoma on top of TM lid.
Steam meatballs 25 mins / Varoma / speed 1 or until cooked (depending on size of ball).
OR place each mini meatball into a mini muffin tray and cook in a 180°C pre heated oven 15-20 mins or until cooked (depending on size of ball).
- Place balls onto paper towel.
- Lay out paper cupcake casing and place a mini meatball in each.
- Dress meatballs with your favourite tomato sauce, sweet chilli sauce, yoghurt sauce etc.
These are also a great idea for a dinner meal with spaghetti and your favourite tomato sauce or Passata. Put in mini silicone cups with tomato sauce on the bottom for kids lunches, or put a couple of balls into a mini dinner roll with tomato sauce and it’s a meatball sub!
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.