This week we are shining our Member Spotlight on Ros Hansen!
Ros is a ThermoFun Club Member and shares with us her Thermomix Corned Beef Silverside with Parsley Sauce. This recipe sounds too delicious!!!
Here is Ros’s story about the Silverside with Parsley Sauce:
“Silverside is one of my husbands Top 5 favourite meals. It is (was) one of my Bottom 2 favourite meals! I had been reading people were having a lot of success cooking it in their Thermomix. As we had been married for nearly 24 years and I had NEVER cooked silverside in all those years I thought “how wrong can all those people be” and “I have never had a horrible meal from my thermomix” not to mention “how hard can it possibly be?”
So I bit the bullet, followed the recipe to a “T” and Oh My Goodness – I was converted and my husband thought he was in heaven! I can’t tell you how yummy this meal is. All those people were right, it wasn’t horrible and it was SO easy. I can’t take the credit for the recipe – I found it on www.forumthermomix.com
Please give this a go. It seriously is ridiculously easy and is great in sandwiches for school or work.”
Recipes from http://www.forumthermomix.com
- handful parsley, fresh
- 50g butter, cubed
- 25g plain flour
- 420g milk (full cream or lite)
- 45g seeded mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 - 2kg piece corned beef
- 1500g boiling water from kettle
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 100g apple cider vinegar
- pepper to taste
- choice of vegetables
- Place parsley in TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 8. Set aside.
- Place butter and flour in TM bowl and chop 4 sec / speed 5.
- Cook 5 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Add remaining ingredients including parsley and cook 8 mins / 100°C / speed 3.
- Pour into a microwave-safe jug and cover with glad wrap. Make sure the glad wrap is touching the surface of the sauce – this will ensure a ‘skin’ does not form. Set jug aside. No need to wash TM bowl.
- Spray Varoma deep dish with oil (this will ensure the meat does not stick).
- Remove meat from packaging and rinse well under cold water. Dry it with paper towels and place it in Varoma dish.
- Add remaining ingredients in TM bowl and place assembled Varoma on top. If Varoma lid is not sitting correctly, place a couple of dinner plates on top to weigh it down.
- Cook for 1.5 hours / Varoma / speed 2.
- In the meantime get all your vegetables ready. They need to be peeled and chopped. You can use potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot, cauliflower – whatever takes your fancy.
- Once 1.5 hours cooking time has finished you need to add vegetables. You can see from the photos how I normally arrange mine.
- Check the water level in TM bowl and refill with boiling water to the 1 litre mark. Add the simmering basket in TM bowl. Place Varoma back in position and cook for a further 30 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Don’t forget to reheat your Parsley Sauce and you’re done!! Told you it was easy!!!
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.