This week we are shining our member spotlight on Anna Julia-Harcombe.
Anna is a ThermoFun Club Member and shared with us her Thermomix Lemon Pudding converted from Nigella Lawson Recipe. Here is what Anna had to say about this recipe:
“I chose this recipe because my husband and 2 year old daughter love to have dessert after dinner and I don’t always have the time to make one. So I particularly like this recipe because it’s really easy to make in the Thermomix. I can just put all the ingredients into the bowl, blitz and then it’s basically ready to bake. It’s also very versatile, you can serve it with cream/custard or eat it like a muffin :)”
- 12 tsp ThermoFun Lemon Curd
- 120g butter, unsalted, softened
- 120g caster sugar
- 120g plain four
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, juice and finely grated zest
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tray with paper cups (I used silicone ones) and drop a teaspoon of lemon curd in each cup.
- Place all ingredients into TM bowl, except lemon juice and mix 15 sec / speed 5 until combined into a thick batter.
- Add lemon juice and mix 5 sec / speed 3.
- Add batter to the muffin cups, blobbing it on top of the curd, until the mixture comes three-quarters of the way up. Smooth the tops, then place on a thick oven tray.
- Bake in oven for 20 mins.
- Remove from the oven, unmold each pudding onto a small plate or shallow bowl, spooning over any lemon curd that has stuck to the bottom.
- Serve with custard, cream or ice cream. You can also heat up any remaining lemon curd in a microwave and spoon it over.
"This recipe has been converted from one of Nigella's (http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/little-lemon-puddings) .
I've tweaked the ingredients' weight slightly to adjust to TM's scale. Also, the original recipe calls for 6 ramekins (8cm diameter x 4cm deep) to bake the batter into; in which case you need to grease the ramekins before putting the lemon curd & batter in. I don't have ramekins and found using the muffin tray is much easier. The batter fits perfectly in my 12-cup muffin tray - quantity & cooking time will vary if you use a different size muffin tray. I haven't tried it but I think it would also be delicious to add some shredded coconut into the mixture!"
If you have a favourite recipe to share then please contact us and you could be featured in one of our Member Spotlights! We love to share! 🙂
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.