It’s Mad Monday again! The first Monday of every month where I share with you a recipe that is very quick, but also is popular and a great family meal.
This is such a quick and easy recipe – I’m trying to perfect similar recipes that we can buy already made in jars. This one is getting pretty close to one of the commercial ones that was a family favourite of ours before I had a Thermomix.
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 4 bacon rashers, quartered
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g boiling water from kettle
- 350g pasta, penne or spirals
- 300g thickened cream
- Place chilli, garlic, onion and bacon in TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add tomatoes, boiling water and pasta and cook 8 mins / 100°C / speed soft / Reverse.
- Add cream and cook 5 mins / 100°C / speed soft / Reverse.
- Pour into ThermoServer and allow sauce to rest for 5 mins before serving (this allows the pasta to soak up any excess liquid).
For other “Mad Monday” recipes Click Here
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.