No roast meal isn’t complete unless you have some gravy. We have always made our gravy without the thermomix as I hadn’t been able to perfect the recipe. This year it was on my – I want to make this list !!! I’ve finally got around to it and perfected it! So without further ado – ThermoFun Gravy. 🙂
This gravy recipe is a handy one to use especially when you don’t have any drippings from a roasted piece of meat. Using either beef or chicken stock depending on what you’re serving it with and a few other ingredients that will give a punch of flavour, it will still give you a flavoursome gravy. If you’re serving it alongside some ThermoFun family favourites like Herbie the Chook, Bangers and Potato Garlic Mash, Yorkshire Puddings, or on top of some burger patties, prepare it first and keep it warm in your ThermoServer until ready to use.
- 5g dried mixed, shiitake or porcini mushroom
- 1 tsp ThermoFun Cajun Spice Mix
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ onion, peeled (approx. 40g)
- 40g butter, cubed
- 40g plain flour
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 470g beef or chicken stock
- ⅓ tsp salt
- grinds of black pepper, to taste
- Place dried mushroom and TF Cajun Spice into TM bowl and mill 20 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Place garlic, onion and butter into TM bowl and chop finely 8 sec / speed 6. Scrape down and sauté 3 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add mushroom and Cajun spice, flour, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, stock, salt and pepper and mix 5 sec / speed 5. Then cook 12 mins / 100°C / speed 3 / MC off.
- Keep warm in a ThermoServer until ready to serve.
For more decadent & great simple thermomix recipes delivered to your inbox every week become a ThermoFun Club Member today!
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.