It’s Wicked Wednesday again! On the third Wednesday of every month I share with you a wicked recipe! If you are new to ThermoFun make sure you check out my other Wicked Wednesday recipes.
I first had this recipe at a friends house and to be perfectly honest it was the best dessert I had tasted! I went home straight away and found the Coles Recipe she had used and was mulling over how to make this delicious dessert in the thermomix. Finally after much much much testing 😀 here is the thermomix strawberry pavlova roll.
I have no words to describe this recipe, it really is just light and just beautiful. It has an elegance about it and a creamy, crunchy texture (which I think makes this recipe all the more amazing!)
- 150g strawberries
- 50g raw sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 220g raw sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- strawberry cream
- extra strawberries for decorating
- icing sugar to dust
- Place 220g sugar into TM bowl and mill 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Place 50g raw sugar into TM bowl and mill 10 sec / speed 9.
Add strawberries and purée 3 sec / speed 5. Set aside.
No need to clean TM bowl.
- Insert Butterfly. Pour cream into TM bowl and whip into firm peaks. NB: All cream takes slightly different times to whip to this stage depending on freshness and temperature. As a guide start with 20 sec / speed 3 / MC off, check and if required whip again in 5 second increments, taking care not to over whip and turn it to butter.
- Empty the cream into the strawberry purée and with aid of your spatula gently fold it in. Refrigerate until required.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray (24cm x 30 cm Swiss-roll tin) with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- In a clean dry TM bowl, insert butterfly and place egg whites and mix 6 mins / speed 3 / MC off. Scrape down.
- Very gradually add sugar through hole in lid while mixing 3 mins / speed 3 / MC off.
- Add cornflour and vinegar and fold 5 sec / speed 2.
- Empty the mixture into the prepared tray and smooth the surface.
- Bake 10-12 mins or until meringue is starting to brown.
- Place a clean tea towel onto bench. Top with a sheet of baking paper. Dust with icing sugar. Turn the pavlova top-side down, onto dusted baking paper. Carefully remove the other baking paper on pavlova. Set aside 20 mins to cool.
- Spread the strawberry cream over the pavlova, reserving some for decorating at the end. Starting from a short end, using the baking paper to help, carefully roll pavlova to enclose filling and wrap with baking paper. Place on tray and refrigerate for 1 hour to chill.
- Unwrap pavlova and dust with icing sugar. Decorate with the set aside strawberry cream and extra strawberries.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.