It’s Mad Monday again! The first Monday of every month where I share with you a Thermomix recipe that is very quick, but also is popular and a great family meal, and this thermomix Cajun Chorizo Alfredo does not disappoint!
If you are looking for a meal that’s quick, has some awesome flavours & is on the table in under 20 mins then you have to add this to your thermomix meal planner!
This is so tasty using my Cajun Spice Mix and a very popular recipe that my family enjoy.
- 400g pasta, penne or spirals
- 1 Tbsp Cajun Spice Mix
- 50g parmesan cheese, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 spring onions, quartered
- 2 chorizo, sliced thinly
- 250g cream cheese, cubed (room temp.)
- 240g milk
- 200g frozen peas
- Cook pasta in ThermoServer (see below).
- Make ThermoFun Cajun Spice Mix and set aside.
- Place parmesan in TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Place garlic and spring onions in TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 8. Scrape down.
- Add chorizo and 1 Tbsp Cajun Spice and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off.
- Add cream cheese, milk, peas and parmesan and cook 10 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Add sauce to cooked drained pasta and stir to combine.
To pre-warm ThermoServer, pour approx. 1 litre boiling water from kettle into ThermoServer and place lid on.
NB: it is crucial to pre-warm your server for the pasta to cook.
- Boil kettle again, once boiled, discard water in ThermoServer.
- Place empty warmed ThermoServer on top of TM bowl and weigh your pasta.
Remove ThermoServer from top of TM lid and place in black base on bench.
NB: it is crucial for ThermoServer to be fully assembled using black base and lid to maintain temperature.
- Cover pasta with boiling water.
Leave server in black base with lid on and pasta will cook in approx. 15 mins.
NB: check packet directions for pasta cooking time as brands do differ.
For other “Mad Monday” recipes Click Here
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.