I love it when strawberries are cheap, which thankfully they are at the moment. What a great excuse to make up a batch of scones in your Thermomix smothered in jam! For this recipe I use frozen pitted cherries for convenience. We love the flavour of the strawberries and cherries combined in this jam and the colour is just so rich and beautiful. Try the jam on pancakes, waffles, stirred through a cheesecake, in a tart, dolloped on top of a pavlova, as a ripple in a cake, on a scone or just on toast…. or maybe just on a spoon! 🙂
This recipe is based on the wonderful Strawberry Vanilla Jam recipe by Tenina and is being published with Tenina’s permission.
For more yummy recipes using strawberries Click Here.
- 300g pitted cherries, fresh or frozen
- 300g strawberries, fresh or frozen, cut in half if large
- 300g raw sugar
- 1 large sliced Granny Smith apple, including pips, core and skin
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Place all ingredients in TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 8. Scrape down.
- Cook 35 mins / Varoma / speed 2 / MC off placing simmering basket on TM lid to prevent spatter.
- This jam thickens on cooling. To test consistency, use a cold saucer, spoon a teaspoon of jam and run your finger through. If longer cooking required, cook in increments of 5 mins until you're satisfied.
This recipe is NOT to be doubled.
Stay close to your Thermomix if using fresh cherries as it can get messy!
Sterilise jars using preferred method.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.