Thermomix Banana Cake – Yes it’s taken me this long to do one! Have you seen how many Thermomix Banana Cakes are out there?! Each one has something a little different! This is my take on a recipe that I had been using for years. Someone asked me for a Thermomix Banana Cake and I sent them to the Recipe Community but she came back and told me that none of them were what she wanted. So I pulled out the trusty All Recipes recipe I had been using and converted it for her.
Now at least once a fortnight I get a picture and a thank you for converting. It is cute though to see the kids with frosting all over their faces and big smiles! 🙂
- 160g raw sugar
- 125g butter cubed (room temp)
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 30g milk
- ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- 190g self raising flour
- 50g butter cubed
- 50g cream cheese
- 150g icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Place sugar in TM bowl and mill 3 sec / speed 9.
- Add butter and bananas and combine 5 sec / speed 5. Scrape down.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 5 sec / speed 5. Scrape down and mix 10 sec / speed 5.
- Pour mixture into tin and bake 45 mins or until cake springs back from a touch in the middle. Cool on cake rack.
- Place butter, cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla in TM bowl and mix 10 sec / speed 5. Scrape down and repeat.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.