Oh the flavours in this dish are just amazing! I'm thoroughly enjoying tweaking new recipes with my spice blends. We loved it soooo much that I kept wanting to test it over and over and over! :)
This recipe was inspired by the recipe on the back of the box of the Gourmet Pearl Couscous and I converted and tweaked it to be made in the Thermomix.
I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.
- 5 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoon ThermoFun Moroccan Spice
- 2 teaspoon ThermoFun Green Curry Paste
- salt and pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks or whole chicken thighs
- 1 onion peeled and halved
- 1 red capsicum quartered
- 1 large or two small zucchini quartered
- 250g pearl couscous
- ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 20g vegetable stock
- 450g boiling water
- 30g currants (optional)
- handful fresh coriander leaves
- a few coriander leaves for garnish
- Make ThermoFun Green Curry Paste.
- Boil kettle as this makes cooking a little quicker.
- Pre heat oven to 200°C.
- In a small bowl mix 4 tablespoon olive oil with the Moroccan Spice, ThermoFun Green Curry Paste and salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in an oven proof dish and season with half of the spicy oil. Place in preheated oven for 25 mins, turning drumsticks from time to time.
- Place capsicum and onion in TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 5. Scrape down.
- Add the other 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté 5 min / Varoma / speed 1 / Reverse. MC off.
- Place zucchini in TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Add remaining spicy oil, pearl couscous, tomato paste, cumin, stock and water. Cook for 8 mins / 90° / speed soft / Reverse.
- Stir through with the aid of your spatula the currants and chopped coriander.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of pearl couscous garnished with coriander leaves.
© 2023 Copyright, Legal Notice and Disclaimer: Design, photography and text copyright © ThermoFun 2014-2021. Tips and tricks within are the work of the author or nominated parties who have no association with Vorwerk or Thermomix in Australia and therefore are not official, or have the approval of Vorwerk or Thermomix in Australia. None of the recipes that appear here are tested or approved by Thermomix Australia or Vorwerk. Any thoughts expressed on this site are the authors own and are not sponsored by products unless clearly stated. Any nutritional values published on this website are general indications only, for more definitive stats use the panels provided on your products.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
Hurrah Leonie! I found it!
I made the green curry paste and the chicken dish. It was very good, I made it with fillets as OH doesn't like bones! I would like more flavour of the curry so hope, if I add more paste to the oil and perhaps increase the Moroccan spice, thatvwould improve the flavour?
Not sure how to add a photo here!!
Hi Maggie! Well done! :)
Yes definitely add more curry blend and more paste and tweak it to your liking!
oh and no can't add photos here. So save them for within the ThermoFunkies closed facebook group. I look forward to seeing them all from now on! :)
Awesome flavoursome recipe that my family kept asking when will it be ready to eat after the smells coming from the ktichen. We used chicken breasts cut into strips instead of the legs. Thank you Leonie for a great recipe.
Thanks Lisa :) Yes certainly a favourite around here too! :)