These thermomix sprinkle cookie sticks do remind me of the game ‘Jenga’! I wouldn’t probably re stack them, I would just take them out and eat them! These are great for the kids to do fully (age permitting) or for kids to do the dipping of chocolate/sprinkles (age permitting). This one might have been a little fun in the kitchen and my daughter thought that it was a pretty cool recipe to make – she loves fairy bread – so loves sprinkles. My dog had a lovely time too licking up any sprinkles that were dropped on the floor! 🙂
With my daughter’s friends dropping around that afternoon – they were all quickly demolished! So I guess that’s always a good sign. 🙂
I trust that given the teenagers that were in my house ate it like primary school girls, that your kids will love this thermomix cookie recipe just as much!
- 250g butter, unsalted, cubed, softened
- 110g raw sugar
- 320g plain flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 40g milk
- ½ tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 150g chocolate, for melting
- 10g coconut oil
- assorted sprinkles
- Place butter and sugar into TM bowl and mix 30 sec / speed 5.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, milk and vanilla and mix 20 sec / speed 5.
- Divide the cookie dough into 2 rectangular discs and wrap in cling wrap. Refrigerate for 30 mins or until firmed up.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays.
- Between 2 sheets of baking paper, roll the first disc of cookie dough out into a rectangular shape about ½ cm thickness. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into long sticks that are about 1cm wide and 7cm long.
- Transfer the cookie sticks onto a lined baking tray leaving some space in between them and place baking trays in the freezer to get the dough very cold again while oven is heating up to temperature. This will help keep their shape in the oven.
- Bake 13-15 mins or until they are lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to complete cooling. Repeat this process with the second disc of cookie dough. Allow cookies to cool.
- Place chocolate and coconut oil into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Scrape down and melt 3 mins / 50°C / speed 1. Scrape down and continue melting a further 2 mins / 50°C / speed 1.
- Pour chocolate into a shallow microwave safe container.
Dip cookies in the melted chocolate, use a spoon to scrape a little excess off before putting on the sprinkles. Place them on a lined baking tray to dry. They are then ready to serve or store in an airtight container.
NB: if the chocolate begins to cool and lose its fluidity, microwave 10 seconds and recommence until all cookie sticks are dipped.
- Pour a glass of milk into TM bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 8.
- Heat milk 5 mins / 80°C / speed 4.
- Enjoy warm chocolate milk. No wasted chocolate!
For more ThermoFun KIDtastic recipes Click Here.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.