Oreos, chocolate, cream, nuts and fresh strawberries – can life possibly get any better than this?! Yes it can – by not having to even bake this scrumptious decadent dessert!
Strawberries are just a suggestion, you can replace with any other fruits you have on hand, mango, raspberries or any other fruits you enjoy and eventually add fruits only before serving to make sure they keep ok. You can also simply decorate with some Oreo biscuits, nuts, colourful smarties and so on.
This was inspired by a recipe on home cooking adventure and made in the Thermomix.
- 330g Oreo biscuits
- 110g butter, cubed
- 60g slivered almonds - toasted
- 200g milk chocolate melts
- 100g dark chocolate melts
- 200g thickened cream
- 250g fresh strawberries
- chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios, etc), optional
- Grease a 12 x 36 cm rectangle tart tin or a round springform tin.
- Place Oreo biscuits into TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 10.
- Add butter and mix 5 sec / speed 10. Scrape down and repeat until evenly moistened.
Press Oreo mixture with the back of a spoon and your fingers where necessary, into the bottom and edges of a rectangular tart tin. Freeze while you prepare the filling, just for a few minutes.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Place chocolate into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9.
- Add cream and mix 5 mins / 50°C / speed 1. Scrape down and continue heating 2 mins / 50°C / speed 1.
- Remove tart tin from freezer and sprinkle toasted almonds on top of Oreo base – reserving a few to sprinkle on top of the cake.
- Pour chocolate filling over almonds and top with fresh strawberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.