This coriander soup has seriously turned coriander haters into actually liking coriander!!! This soup was a recipe on my May 2018 Cook Along and it was so popular with the participants. I managed to convince quite a few coriander haters to try it (ok maybe a little bit of bribery was going on!) and then those that did succumb sure did have to eat humble pie and admit that they really enjoyed the soup!
This soup is a delicious flavour fest with my ThermoFun Curry Blend and also the creaminess of the coconut cream. Serve with homemade crusty bread and it can be a quick and easy meal in itself.
If you are low carb this is an awesome quick dinner as well.
- 2 teaspoon ThermoFun Curry Blend
- 400g coconut cream
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- handful fresh coriander + small amount for garnish
- handful fresh basil
- 1 spring onion, quartered
- 10g oil
- 700g chicken thighs, cubed
- 20g TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 500g boiling water from kettle
- 1 tomato, diced
- If making curry blend do this now and set aside.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- If making coconut cream do this now and set aside.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Place garlic, coriander, basil, spring onion and oil into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 8.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
- Add 2 teaspoon curry blend, chicken, stock, water and tomato and cook 15 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Add coconut cream and cook 5 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- To serve, sprinkle with fresh coriander.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
Another update on this Leonie, especially for low carbers...
Make the Thermofun Grain free rolls first, then make this soup
Homemade rolls and soup in under an hour! Perfect for winter :-)
Thanks Amanda great tip for making the Grain Free Rolls. :)
So easy to make, and my soup-hating husband gave it a thumbs up!
Well that's a winner then if your soup-hating husband gave it a thumbs up Marla! :)
I didn't discover this recipe until 2018! OMG, I was seriously missing out. This has become a Sunday night staple in my house and I'm making sure I have chicken, coconut cream and coriander in the house for those nights when you just want something quick but utterly delicious. Yummmmmmm
Thank you Amanda! Love an easy but delicious Sunday night dinner too!