A scrumptious meal made easy! I’m not sure if you have seen on instagram lately, but I’ve been using the hashtag #makeitsimple. I’m finding that I’m so busy and the more and more I cook, the more I want quick meals (packed with flavour though – always has to be flavoursome!) This thermomix beef & broccoli in black bean sauce ticks ALL the boxes! 🙂
Many thanks to one of my amazing ThermoFunkie’s Tania, for sharing this recipe, which we have both thoroughly enjoyed tweaking over the last few months.
It’s super flavoursome and done within 30 minutes! Yes 30 minutes! You can now be the new expert in the family when it comes to Chinese inspired dishes!
Here are packets of salted black beans that can be found in Asian shops. They usually come in a 375g packet for approx. $2.50. I really encourage you to try and get them as they take the recipe to a whole new level!
If you are looking for more quick dinners – then check out my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook.
- 500g beef stir fry strips (or rump steak cut into thin strips)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced (by hand)
- 20g olive oil
- 50g soy sauce
- 20g Chinese cooking wine (Shao xing wine)
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 2 Tbsp dried salted black beans (purchased in a bag at Asian grocery)
- 10g sesame oil
- 2cm ginger
- 350g rice
- 1000g boiling water from kettle
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced
- 1 small broccoli or broccolini, cut into small florets
- Place garlic and olive oil into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Scrape down. Add onion and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off / Reverse.
- Add remaining marinade ingredients and mix 5 sec / speed 4 / Reverse.
In a large bowl combine the beef strips with the marinade, set aside and allow to rest for 20 mins.
No need to wash TM bowl.
While the beef is marinating, cook the rice and steam the vegetables.
- Place ginger into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Add 1000g boiling water into TM bowl. Weigh rice in simmering basket and rinse under cold tap until water runs clear. Carefully insert basket into TM bowl and cook 10 mins / 100°C / speed 4.
- Place capsicum and broccoli onto Varoma tray and place assembled Varoma on top of TM lid and continue cooking 7 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Place rice into a pre-warmed ThermoServer and set the vegetables aside into a large serving bowl (or in another ThermoServer). Discard water from TM bowl.
- Place beef strips into TM bowl and cook 4 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off.
- Using your spatula, give the beef a stir and loosen away from the blades. Continue cooking 3 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off.
- To serve, combine beef with the vegetables and serve with the ginger rice.
* The salted black beans can be found in Asian shops. They usually come in a 375g packet for approx. $2.50. Unfortunately they are not in a general supermarket.
* If you prefer the onion can be chopped with the garlic in step 1. Personally though I like to slice it in this recipe, so the pieces are long and thin, the way it is served in a Chinese restaurant.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.