Yesterday was Mad Monday again! The first Monday of every month where I share with you a Thermomix recipe that is very quick, but also is popular and a great family meal. However yesterday was so mad for me that I didn't even get to publish this recipe!
I'll be the first to admit that I LOVE my passata recipe and I am consistently trying to find new ways to use it in recipes. So when I had some Ravioli in the fridge I thought of my Ravioli passata dish - then I go to the freezer - NO PASSATA!!! Disappointed!!! Off to the drawing board - I come up with thermomix baked ravioli with broccoli and bacon.
Now I am sure those of you that know me, know that I HATE broccoli - hence why you don't see many recipes on my website for it! However, using it in this recipe I hardly noticed it! A great recipe to get some broccoli into the kids! :)
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
- 80g parmesan cheese, divided
- 20g olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 100g bacon (4 shortcut)
- 1 head broccoli, florets only
- 400g diced tomatoes
- 20g ThermoFun Tomato Paste
- 20g TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 700-800g ravioli or tortellini
- 200g cream
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place cheese into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Cook ravioli or tortellini following package instructions and drain.
- Place oil, garlic, onion, bacon and broccoli florets into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, stock and mixed herbs and cook 6 mins / 100°C / speed 1.
- Add cream and heat through 2 mins / 100°C / speed 1.
- In a large baking dish, combine pasta, sauce and half the parmesan.
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan on top and bake in oven 12-15 mins.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
This was a winner in my house, both my fussy kids loved it “even more than ice cream”
Thank you so much Jeni! I think that's the best testimonial that I've ever received! lol!! Love it! :)
Joanne T Ferguson says
This was absolutely delicious and exactly what I wanted to indulge in today in this heat!
I used speck and cooking cream and wished I had cooked the beef ravioli in the Thermomix, but did it the traditional way and melted the cheese on top with my air fryer; keeping the kitchen cool today!
Def keeper recipe! P.S. LOVE the use of broccoli!
I'm glad it was a winner for you Joanne, but no still not keen on broccoli :D
This is delicious. Made it this week and each of my children and my husband individually commented how tasty it was.
Great to hear you have another winner dinner Tam :D
Oh yum, can't wait to make this one. I HATE broccoli too, although do love creamy broccoli soup!