This recipe has taken almost 3 years! I am sure we have tried every thermomix tomato sauce recipe out there! Finally when the kids no longer need tomato sauce on everything to eat their dinner! They like my tomato sauce! So if your family hasn’t got a family favourite, give this one a go. I finally got it to taste just like a store bought sauce and my family love it! 🙂
- 1 medium onion peeled and halved
- 1000g Roma tomatoes halved
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp coriander ground
- ¼ tsp chilli powder (use ⅛ tsp for less heat)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon ground
- ¼ tsp cloves ground
- ¼ tsp cumin ground
- 50g Apple cider vinegar
- 50g freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx 1 lemon)
- 1 green apple cored and quartered
- Place onion and tomatoes in TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 5 sec / speed 5.
- Remove MC and place simmering basket on top of TM lid to catch any spatter and cook 60 mins / 100°C / speed 2 / MC off.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.